Campus Interview Questions for Internship at SAP LABS India

Campus Interview Questions for Internship at SAP LABS India- 2017

SAP Labs visit to our campus offering Six months internship to MCA/MTECH and two months internship to B.Tech pre-final year..


ROUND ONE:(Online Round) – Seventy five mins (No negative marking)

This round was conducted on 20th September 17

It consisted of Five sections.

Section One: Aptitude – Six questions

Section Two: Two 'C' codes to be debugged(Easy)

Section Three: Two coding questions (One Easy and One Medium)

Section Four: Two questions on critical reasoning (Critical Analysis)

Section Five: English (Passage comprehension) - Three questions(Easy)

Section Six: Four to Five Technical questions based on Java and DBMS

Note: Online round was easy(but the trick was time management).

Attempted both the questions for debugging but was getting segmentation fault in second question.

TIPS - just grab as many marks in this round as you can, don’t waste all time on coding questions.

Out of approximate three hundred students they have selected twenty one for interview round. The interview process took one day. Two tech rounds & One HR round.


ROUND TWO: Technical (ONE on ONE) – about 45-50 min

This round was conducted on 24th September 17

The interview started with a formal introduction. Interviewer was very humble & good person. He was making me comfortable at each & every moment during the interview.

He asked me to tell about myself & the work that I have done that I have written on my resume.

After that he asked me , I have written C language on my resume - so tell me about the components of C language. Answered only what I knew about C language.

Then he asked me about Data Structures to which I said yes. Then he asked the component of Data Structure (Do not know what he meant by 'components' but I still answered whatever I knew about data structures).

Tips : Just say whatever you know about the topic, Don’t be silent.

Then he asked me which data structures I know (I answered all DS)

Then he asked me to write an algorithm for linked list. When I was asked about what are algorithms like insertion, deletion to which he replied writes an algorithm to search an element in circular linked list and also asked me to tell its advantage over SLL.

Then he gave me a puzzle. It was

(a-n)(b-n)(c-n)……………………………………….(y-n)(z-n)=?

Then he asked me tell the output.

Solved it by using maths but he told me to think 'OUT OF BOX'. Then he also told me that the answer is zero but he wanted to know how it came.

Then it struck me that (n-n) would be zero & then whole expression would become zero.

He then was constantly searching for my resume and gave me a coding question to reverse my name and print them in vertical order. So I gave him a simple approach. Then he complicated it by saying that he needs all characters only once. Then I suggested hash map but then he said he needs a different approach. After some twenty minutes, I suggested to him another approach to use counter & he was satisfied with that approach.

Tips -  Always tell what you are thinking to the interviewer(don’t be silent - be confident).

He then again gave me a puzzle and said it is difficult than the one he previously gave.

X+Y+Z=30

I have to make this equation true using the numbers 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15 any number of times.

I have solved this puzzle before but forgot the answer at that time. Then I told this to my interviewer & told him too that all numbers are odd & this is not possible I guess. Then he again said think 'OUT OF THE BOX' & gave me hint of using floats instead of integers. Then I immediately solved the puzzle & he was satisfied with my reflex action.

Discussion got diverted to my projects as he was constantly holding my resume in his hands. Then he asked about my summer internship which i have done from - IIT Delhi. I told him about my experience there & how I got selected in that. Then he asked me about what project I was indulged into & why I chose that particular technology. This discussion went on for ten minutes or some. In my resume I had mentioned two of my projects & he asked about both of them.

Then he also asked why do I want to join SAP Labs.

He then asked me about DBMS & difference between DBMS and RDBMS.

Then he asked about cloud computing & its applications and usage. For some of my friends they were also asked about operating system(OS).

Out of twenty one people, only eleven were chosen for third round.


ROUND THREE: Technical (ONE on ONE) – about 55-70 min

This was an exhausting interview round. Interviewer was good but a little less helping than my previous interviewer (although he was helpful but he was confusing me even if my answer were correct).

The interview started with an introduction of myself. Then he searched my resume & said -'You have written C language as your skill, lets solve a problem then'. He gave me coding question:

A game is there, certain integers are coming randomly on screen, suppose five Is there on screen, if a user type five and press enter, the digit should vanish and the score of user should increment to one, but if the user inputs wrong number or failed to input any number, he should get no marks. At the end he wanted me to give the output of total number of integers appeared on the screen score of user.

Then I gave him some suggestions but he wanted me to write a complete code. I was nervous. Then I gave him some approaches but he wanted me to optimize them. I was constantly telling him my approaches. This discussion went onto for half an hour & after that he was “ok” with that (He was not seeming satisfied with that).I didn’t lose hope.

He then gave me another coding question. He said you know 'C' so you should also know bit wise operators, so let us solve a problem of that:

If a user inputs a number say 32 , and a position say 7. then write a function which takes the number and sets its 7th position counting from least significant digit & then return the resultant number in decimal like 32’s binary representation is 00100000 & after setting its 7th position from least significant position, then the resultant number becomes 01100000,which is 96.

Then I was solving it using decimal to binary conversion & then putting the result in an array & then setting the position, but he was seeming dissatisfied with it & asked me -'Can’t it be done an easy way?'. then it strike me that I can use a bitwise OR. I had to OR between the number(32 in this case) & 2^position-1(this gives a number whose 7th position is set as 1) to set the given position. He was now satisfied with it.

Then he gave me a puzzle. which I had solved it earlier so I told him the same. Then he said if I wanted to solve it again & I did it.[It was founding the defected ball from 8 balls with minimum number of weighing's]

Then he asked me about my projects & whether I like testing or development.

Then he gave me some tables & asked me to normalize them & write a complex SQL query on it.

Last he gave me a question and asked me about the 'Facebook Birthday Notification Algorithm'. then he said I am not asking about that but do search it on google how it works.

I asked him about the areas where I can improve.

Out of eleven people, only five made it to the HR round.


ROUND Four: HR Round – about 30-45 min

They started with a question whether I am tired as my voice was very low at that time.

I said I am perfectly alright. then we completed it.


Important SAP DETAILS:

About SAP LABS:

SAP LABS are R&D locations that develop & improve SAP core products.

SAP is at the Centre of today’s technology revolution. A market leader in enterprise application software. SAP helps organizations fight the damaging effects of complexity & generate new opportunities for innovation, growth & stay ahead of the competition. One can visit our corporate site to explore news, information for investors and analysts, career resources, SAP’s history, and more.

SAP LABS India is the fastest growing subsidiary of SAP SE, the world's leading provider of business software solutions. SAP LABS India began its operations in 1996 with headquarters in Bangalore and offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata & a direct presence in nine cities across India, besides having marketing associates in Sri Lanka & Bangladesh.

Declared as the ‘Hub of the year in Asia Pacific & Japan' in 2007, SAP LABS India witnessed an unprecedented growth of over 100% both in terms of license revenue & customer acquisition.

SAP LABS India is SAP's largest Research & Development center outside its headquarters in Germany & a part of a connected lab network of twenty Labs in seventeen countries. It is one of the earliest R&D centers of a global company to have a footprint in Bangalore & has over the period of almost two decades grown in strategic importance for SAP.

SAP LABS was founded in November 1998, SAP Labs India drives SAPs product strategy, it is responsible for SAP core solutions & provides product localization & India specific solutions. Through a network of three labs in India -Bangalore, Gurgaon & in Pune - and an employee base of approximately 7300.It focuses on business innovation through radical simplification to ensure customer success. It embraces SAP’s culture of global diversity, innovation and is a hot spot for talent.

SAP Labs Locations: Second largest development hub for SAP Globally, SAP Labs in located in Bangalore, Gurgaon, and Pune. Since 1998, SAP Labs have grown from a process driven, cost benefit center to one that provides strategic value to SAP clients globally.

Bangalore - Main Campus

Bangalore - RMZ

Gurgaon

Aptitude Round consisting of:


Quantitative aptitude

English

Logical reasoning

Coding questions

(Always Remember: Time management was important)


Hope this helps. All the best to everyone. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EVENTS IN INTERACTIVE REPORTS OF SAP ABAP

SAP ABAP Fresher Resume/ CV Writing Format..

CONCEPTS OF INNER JOIN AND OUTER JOIN in SAP ABAP