Interview Questions at SAP LABS India

Interview Questions and Answers Part 1 (Based on interview attended by our student)..


Interview details : -

Round One:Q1. Questions on 'C, OOPS concepts of C++, basic Java concepts, Data structures & puzzles' (only standard ones) .

Q2. Questions about your previous Project.

(If we perform well in this round then your chances of selection gets high).


Round Two (Similar to Round One):

Q1. Questions may be repeated from the same topics as the previous round.

Q2. Simple puzzles

Q3. Shifting from tech questions a few HR questions were asked? for ex: Why do you want to join this company?


Round Three (HR Round):

Few example questions:

Q1. Have you ever been in a situation where your task is not completed on time & you have to make certain quick decisions?

Q2. What are the other activities have you been involved in other than academics?

Other general questions were asked. They basically check communication skills & presence of mind. So be alert.


Round One: Technical

Interviewer was in his early 30’s. Then he started by asking to introduce myself. He went through my resume and asked how will I rate myself in C and C++ on a scale of Ten, I said Six-Seven. He asked the following questions: on C & C++:

Q1. Explain what is a class & object in C++. Explain by taking an example.

Q2. Explain what is static & use of it? explain with real life example where you would use it?

Q3. Explain what are public, private called in C++( Ans: Access Specifiers) , What is the use of them? Most useful for whom? users or developers?

Q4. Explain what is difference between authorization and authentication?

Q5. Abstraction and encapsulation?

Q6. How is Encapsulation implemented and an example?

Q7. Explain what is use of inheritance?

Q8. Program to find second largest number in an array?

Note: I wrote a code to first to find the maximum element & make it zero then again find the max from remaining (which would give second largest number)

Then he asked whether this is the best solution , I Said No, this is the first solution that would strike anyone and we can improve its time and space complexity

Q9. Explain what about the time and space complexity?

Q10. Finally any questions for me?

Then he said it was good to have you here & I answered most of the questions, the thing is that you do not need to have the exact answer it is about how you get to a solution & how you think you can improve yourself Thank you.

Round #Two: Technical

Interviewer introduced himself, already he was working with SAP from last thirteen years and was around in his 50's, The moment I saw him & became nervous. Then he said I don’t want to ask anything about programming as u have answered good in the first round & got good score . Then he asked to introduce myself & then asked if I have any other offer, I said yes, then he asked then why do you want to join SAP, I explained.

Then He started with puzzles:

Puzzle Q1. There are 10 balls out of which one ball is heavier & all other balls are of equal weight , how many min measurements are required to find the heavier one?

Puzzle Q2. Again a puzzle on weights, There are 25 machines producing 1kg weights , suddenly a machine corrupted & started producing weights measuring 999grams. Find the machine with a single measurement?

Q3. Have you ever worked with any database?

Q4. Explain what is mySql? explain

Q5. Explain what are triggers. How to use them?

Q6. Explain why do we need a foreign key if we have a primary key? explain with example?

Q7. Explain what is index in SQL?

Q8. Explain what is use of joins?

Q9. Explain your projects?

Q10. Final question as usual any question for me? I asked him two questions , he said thanks & I left.

Round #Three: Managerial

Then the interviewer introduced himself & congratulated me for clearing two rounds. Then he asked me to introduce myself, then my qualities. As I said, I always want to find newer ways of implementing things, then he asked me to give some examples about it, I explained one from my project & the other one from my first round regarding the program for finding the second largest example, then he was very impressed. Asked about my projects & other things apart from academics. Asked whether I have any offers.

What I know about SAP, why SAP?

Then he gave me a pattern, it was a pentagon , then 2nd one was two pentagons whose vertices were connected, every line between two points would be considered as a connection. Then how many connections would be there in the 75th pattern. Which i tried to solve & came to a recursive solution within five mins ( Ans - 5(n)+number of connections in [n-1]th pattern ). Then he said this a recursive solution, how can you find without using a system , I then explained him that all things we do are on system and clients will need a program for such questions & this would work fine and he was very much impressed.

Then he said he will choose a number between 1 to 200 , U have to write down a set of questions asking them u have to tell me the number & note that the same question should work if we change the range from 1000-2000. then I was thinking , then I thought a binary search would work in this case, then I wrote related questions & said it’s a binary search he asked me if i can write a code for it, so i wrote. Then he asked how would I adjust to Bangalore as I am from other city I explained.


Round Four: HR

Interviewer introduced himself, he was in his 35's, asked me to introduce myself & asked to explain him about my projects, after that he asked whether I ever worked within a team, which I answered everything.

Which are my interested areas, I replied cloud computing, Big data & IoT .So he asked me to explain them . Asked whether I have any other offers, I said yes then why I would prefer SAP LABS India. I explained him, he asked me about my family background, Also will I able to move to Bangalore? He did not mention whether I was selected or not but from his words I got that. finally he said we have an offer to you & explained all benefits , pay & all. I said thank you Sir, he asked me to chose preferred joining date & asked if I had any query & I asked few and said thank you.


Important SAP DETAILS:

About SAP LABS:

SAP LABS are R&D locations that develop & improve SAP core products.

SAP is at the Centre of today’s technology revolution. A market leader in enterprise application software. SAP helps organizations fight the damaging effects of complexity & generate new opportunities for innovation, growth & stay ahead of the competition. One can visit our corporate site to explore news, information for investors and analysts, career resources, SAP’s history, and more.

SAP LABS India is the fastest growing subsidiary of SAP SE, the world's leading provider of business software solutions. SAP LABS India began its operations in 1996 with headquarters in Bangalore and offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata & a direct presence in nine cities across India, besides having marketing associates in Sri Lanka & Bangladesh.

Declared as the ‘Hub of the year in Asia Pacific & Japan' in 2007, SAP LABS India witnessed an unprecedented growth of over 100% both in terms of license revenue & customer acquisition.

SAP LABS India is SAP's largest Research & Development center outside its headquarters in Germany & a part of a connected lab network of twenty Labs in seventeen countries. It is one of the earliest R&D centers of a global company to have a footprint in Bangalore & has over the period of almost two decades grown in strategic importance for SAP.

SAP LABS was founded in November 1998, SAP Labs India drives SAPs product strategy, it is responsible for SAP core solutions & provides product localization & India specific solutions. Through a network of three labs in India -Bangalore, Gurgaon & in Pune - and an employee base of approximately 7300.It focuses on business innovation through radical simplification to ensure customer success. It embraces SAP’s culture of global diversity, innovation and is a hot spot for talent.

SAP Labs Locations: Second largest development hub for SAP Globally, SAP Labs in located in Bangalore, Gurgaon, and Pune. Since 1998, SAP Labs have grown from a process driven, cost benefit center to one that provides strategic value to SAP clients globally.

Bangalore - Main Campus

Bangalore - RMZ

Gurgaon

Aptitude Round consisting of:


Quantitative aptitude

English

Logical reasoning

Coding questions

(Always Remember: Time management was important)


Hope this helps. All the best to everyone. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EVENTS IN INTERACTIVE REPORTS OF SAP ABAP

SAP ABAP Fresher Resume/ CV Writing Format..

CONCEPTS OF INNER JOIN AND OUTER JOIN in SAP ABAP